nuffnang

Monday, March 17, 2014

Bali feel dinner @ Balifeel Cafe, Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur.



Drinks
3/4 glass of freshly sliced lemon grass
Ages ago I went to the Bali Island in Indonesia where I left my surf board along the Kuta beach in front of Hardrock Cafe. That being said, I sometime missed Balinese cuisine. Hence, my encounter with Balifeel Cafe in Bangsar South, Kuala Lumpur is an adventure of a kind. The cafe has a cozy setting with patrons choosing either to sit indoor or along it's verandah with plenty of leafy green plants, since it is hazy in Kuala Lumpur, we chose to be seated in door instead.

Since I am on a strict no carbs diet, I ordered fish satay together with lemon grass beverage. To my surprise, ( I intentionally omit the word "pleasant" here!) my drink came in a glass with plenty of small and fine shredded young lemon grass roots. I was speechless to say the least. The fresh shredded lemon grass fills the air with a pleasing aromatic smells. Next is the fish satay with it's succulent and meaty fillet. It is bite size and were well grilled with a tinge of tandoori paste added to it, I think. The fish texture is soft and each layer of the fish meat is clear and distinct. Each pieces of the satay is very moist and juicy. Well grilled on the outer layer while maintaining it's juicyness upon each bite.

innocent looking fish satay
My companion, BFF had Pineapple fried rice which was well presented with it's arrangement resembling a dolly with a smile from a piece of pineapple, fried onion as the eyes, crackers, slices of cucumber as it's hair and red fried prawn hanging like an ear rings! And the dress from slices of fried egg. I am so imaginative after a long hiatus.:) That being said, I think the fried rice is a bit plain without any extra veggies except for minute traces of carrots. But then, this may be the Balinese style.

dolly like pineapple fried rice
wt prawny ear rings
As usual F-Den will have Nasi Goreng Pataya, i.e. Fried rice wrapped with egg. However, here at Balifeel, the fried egg simply covered the fried rice, again this may be Balinese style which of course I doubt it. However, their food presentation is really impressive and conspicuous! Most of the dishes at Balifeel are served on banana leaves atop a traditional Malay tray called nyiru made from weaved rattan.

Pataya fried rice
wt generous side kicks!
Like fish satay, other finger food includes fried tempeh which were fried to order and reached our table piping hot and crispy. For RM4.80 a plate consisting of 5 medium sized finger medium, I say it is a steal, value for money!

crispy tempeh
Overall my observation is that Balifeel Cafe have a very nice ambience with plenty of leafy green plants. Their prices are reasonable and value for money. Of course, note to self, must have an open mind of the dishes which may differ than what one anticipated.Overall it garnered a respectable 8 on Acepaizah's scale And for their arresting and dramatic (the lemon grass) food presentation I gladly bestowed a 9.5 on Acepaizah's scale.

fine slices of young lemon grass roots
3/4 cup!!!
 lemony grassy honey
~Acepaizah~


No comments:

Post a Comment