nuffnang

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Iftar 3 - BBQ-ed Chicken & Briyani



{the bbq chicken}
This might be my last posting on iftar for this year. Last Saturday, nearly the whole clan converged at my nephew’s house, Kamal, for iftar.  Due to heavy traffic which came to a near standstill along the Duta Ulu Klang Expressway into the Middle Ring Road I had to break my fast in the comfort of my car sipping water from an over exposed mineral water instead! There were some pro and cons in arriving late for an event. For one, nearly everyone was anxious over my late arrival since I am a punctual person always arriving few minutes earlier.

After making myself comfortable, my nephew brought me a glass of tea and some mixed kuihs. Thereafter I make my way the buffet table. The main dish is my sister’s, KH, (K’s mom) famous briyani rice, cooked to perfection with a generous sprinkle of cashew nuts, raisins, green beans and fried onions. My sister’s briyani rice is the best in the world! One can simply eat the rice by itself sans its accompanying side dishes of chicken curry or dhal gravy and prawn in chillies. The prawn in chillies were spicy and sweet, and that is an entry for another day.

Any family gathering at either my nephew K’s home or my sister KH’s house will not be complete without the mandatory BBQ-ed chicken. As usual, the boys Kamal, Kamil, Iqmal, Aiman and Ezwan and their mutual friend Ehsan were busy at the BBQ set. According to Kamal, they marinated the chicken pieces with almost every spice available in the kitchen and with a dose of cola; of a certain brand and let it sits for hours as to get the perfect taste. And I must say that their BBQ-ed chicken were the tastiest I ever ate. Some may say that I am bias in my observation, but like the legal Latin maxim, res ipsa loquitor (the thing speaks for itself.) Time and again the BBQ-ed chicken rose to the occasion and it always on demand, where some reservation was made whilst the pieces were still being BBQ-ed!

What’s the score like on Acepaizah’s scale? Oh well, the score is an all round perfect ten. The Briyani rice and BBQ-ed chicken may even break Acepaizah scale! Compliment to boys, my sister and her daughter in law, L. It was a great iftar gathering sans some close clan, i.e. my beautiful sisters’ (S and Dr. S) family, for want of time and distance. The people were beautiful, the food was great, the ambiance was inviting, and they were my close knit clan!


~chicken dance sauces~
~Acepaizah~
11/8/2012



No comments:

Post a Comment