nuffnang

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Foodie Adventure III- Ben's General Food Store @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas


glass bottle of drinking water

Went Eudil Adha outing with PSA and by lunch time we were practically starving. PSA suggested we go to Ben's @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas, Kuala Lumpur for lunch. I agreed to PSA's suggestion since I have never been to Ben's before though I have friends talking about it. The place was full to the brim when we arrived and had to wait for about 15 minutes. The setting is very plain and simple with minimal decor. The table were off white wooden planks with very Acepaizah unfriendly's chairs. PSA cpmmented to me that it was not meant for patrons to sit idling. We spontaneously ordered some drinking water and to my surprise Ben's place served water in clear bottles which reminds me of my younger days when drinking water were kept in "F&N" orange cordial bottle and chilled in the refrigerator. The glass bottles also brought sweet memories of my recent holidays in New Zealand where the NZ restaurateur served us drinking water in them and tapped directly from the kitchen sinks!
grilled veggies served in enamel plate
The green grilled veggies - veggies never taste better. PSA ordered extra veggies beside her Seafood Pie. The seafood pie is served with roast potato and string beans. She insisted me sharing her seafood pie which I shamelessly agreed and there after practically forcing me to share her grilled veggies! The seafood pie was so creamy and it complements well with the succulent tangy prawns. The seafood pie portion was respectfully small compared to some that I had elsewhere. I did finish my share of grilled veggies much to PSA delight.

B.I.G. Lasagna


see the layer over layer of beefy, cheesy top with perfecto sauce!

I ordered the The B.I.G Lasagna with roast potato and string beans.The beef lasagna is simply heaven on earth. PSA excused herself from sharing my big portion B.I.G. Lasagna on the pretext of not eating beef. Yummy, I have the lasagna all to myself. The roast potato were well roasted with the distinctive taste of lemon, but I think that was the dijon vinegar dressing. As I mentioned earlier, the lasagna is simply heaven on earth, with the generous tomato based sauce, pieces and chunks of well baked minced meat and layer upon layer of rich cheese pieces that simply "melts" in your mouth. It was one of the best lasagna I've ever tasted after my recent mis-adventure at a certain food joint.
Honey Lemon Hot Tea

Finally a mug of Honey Lemon Hot Tea to balance all the different taste of lemon-ny dijon vinegar dressing, olive oil, the creaminess of the seafood pie and sour-ish sauce of B.I.G. lasagna, and the list goes on. What a scrumptious lunch. Today I let my stomach rule my mind. Such a mind boggling foodie adventure with PSA.

My verdict as follows, the chair I am sitting on very Acepaizah unfriendly and a 7 for the setting, atmosphere, service and the grilled veggies. The seafood pie and roast potato earned a respectable 8 on Acepaizah scale, and the B.I.G. Lasagna which teases my taste bud and satiates my lasagna craving sitting comfortably at 9.9 on Acepaizah. As can be seen from the overwhelming Acepaizah scale result, I will definitely come back for more lasagna and the rest.Thereafter PSA insisted we visit a few chocolate outlets, but that is a story for another day.

Lets do the lasagna twist
~Acepaizah~






No comments:

Post a Comment