nuffnang

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Satay @ Sri Melaka


chicken satay, spicy peanut gravy and
piping hot teh 'o' (tea sans creamer)


Monsoon season is here in Malaysia. It’s been rainning everyday in Kuala Lumpur and else where in the Peninsular Malaysia. In Kuala Lumpur, it started to rain in the afternoon till late evening and during the night. The meteorological department predicted rains till end of November. Traffic in Kuala Lumpur is chaotic especially during week days and flash floods everywhere.

In these weather conditions, finding place to eat out is not easy since these places do not have a covered car park and one have to brave the heavy rainfall. My choice was limited to shopping center such as the Suria, KLCC.  I was craving for the delicious mouth watering satay for days. However, sate stalls were usually in a street stall environment and not in an enclosed shopping center.

At last, after much hesitation, I decided to brave the rain. I drove myself to one of my latest hawkers’ food court choice at Taman AU Keramat.  Immediately setting foot into the satay stall, Sri Melaka, it rains heavily! Safe and dry, I ordered my skewered bbq-ed meat.

The chicken satay was served with spicy peanut sauce dip or peanut gravy, slices of onions and cucumber and cubed ketupat (rice cooked wrapped in coconut leaves). M and I ordered hot black tea to warm ourselves since we were practically chilled to the bone!

The chicken satay meat were chewy and juicy, though not the best. The chicken pieces were quite large and had a distinctive aroma of grass lemon.The best satay is at my favorite joints in Ampang Jaya, but that is another story. Sri Melaka’s satay is palatable to my taste but there were pieces fatty skin in between the lean meat.
                                                                                                                                                              
However my satay craving is being satiates. I give a 7 for the satay and the atmosphere. Value for money an 8 on Acepaizah scale. And satisfying my satay craving during the heavy monsoon season, well certainly a 9!

~chilled monsoon kisses~
~Acepaizah~

No comments:

Post a Comment