nuffnang

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Vogue Cafe, Renaissance - Happy Belated Birthdays to Me & MM



At last, last birthday celebration of the awesome four girlfriends for the year. It was a much awaited time. As for MM, hers was delayed exactly 7 months! And for Acepaizah, its 4 months overdue! We believe we do break some kind of record somewhere. So, last Sunday, the awesome four,(the name given by MM impromptu while uploading her FB status) celebrated our long overdue birthday do at Vogue Cafe, Renaissance Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. The buffet spread is not as elaborate as I expected. There were short row of piping hot soups, where I could hear the steamer below boiling water, white and fried rice, tasty duchess potatoes, some lamb and beef roast, mediterranean prawns and chillied crabs followed by cold cut meats, fresh tiger prawns and baby lobsters with crab sticks and some other seafood delights which were not to my liking. Next to it were sushi choices, cold cuts and varieties of salad with their accompanying sauces and condiments. Varieties of local and imported fruits, breads, cheese, cakes adorned in the center around the pillar.

I made my short round and piled up about 5 mediterranean prawns, some seabass in soy sauce, grilled strings beans with baby tomatoes and cubed red pepper and duchess potatoes. The mediterranean prawns were soggy bordering unpalatable, hence I made a friendly complaint to the Chef that the prawns were not fresh and soggy. The duchess potatoes were very delicious and since my prawn's expedition was cut short, the duchess potatoes save my other wise foodie misadventure.


tomato soup
The tomato soup was very creamy, delicious and the sour taste of tomato puree was to my satisfaction that I helped myself to a second bowl!.However, Id said that it is a tad too salty. Vogue Cafe served many varieties of cheese such the name of which will twist my tongue but the taste will definitely tickles and satiates my cheese craving. The baby lobsters were very fresh and MM demonstrated the art of cracking its shell with our bear hands.
cheese, cheese n more cheese
duchess potatoes, baby lobster, prawn
I ended my foodie adventure with some chocolate dipped crackers, bread pudding with some creamers and handful of walnuts and pecans courtesy of the ice cream's station.

sinful delight
Freshly prepared mediterranean prawns by Chef Fakhrul upon my earlier complaint. What can I say? I am very fussy about my prawns. It must be fresh. I may get lost in my own kitchen, but I am a prawn expert. I know how it should be cook. And I know, when I have a hard time shelling the shell, chef beware! Anyway, these freshly prepared mediterranean prawns were delicious and I thanked the Chef profusely. He explained to me what he thought went wrong earlier. For record, the prawns were alive in a tank some where in the kitchen!
chef's compliments
My overall observations. The atmosphere and service is a 8, duchess potatoes a 9 (Chili's Grill & Bar Restaurant is still the best), tomato soup and cheese selection an 8. And value for money, I will give a 7.

prawny issues n waves
~Acepaizah~

No comments:

Post a Comment