nuffnang

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Durian Delights




Durian is the King of fruits as Lion the King of the jungle. Durian derived its named from the word “DURI” which means “thorn”. The fruit is totally covered with spiky thorns. In Malaysia, we have many different varieties of durian. The most sought is the “Musang King” (musang means fox).  Another is the D24 a variety introduced by the Agriculture Department more than a decade ago.

I am not a durian fanatic, though I love to a bite from time to time. Due to convenience and lack of skill (to prick open the hard and thorny shell) I just buy the ready to eat durian in the supermarket chiller instead! However, eating these delicious fruits which is high in carbohydrate and sugar (I think) has its side effect. After half an hour or so, one will sweat it out. During fasting month, one should be mindful of overeating, lest the following day one will experience an extraordinarily thirstiness.

Notwithstanding the above scenario, I bought myself two tray of ready to eat durian. Soon, I happily bite them piece by piece. The texture is smooth and it has a creamy milky taste which teases my senses. The fullness of its yellowish cream flesh and enhanced by its sweetness was simply reaching heaven, and at all time I am aware of its high caloric fiber contents. And just as carbohydrate laden fruit is the banana. This is my number One all time favorite.  I am addicted to banana as am addicted to Teh Tarik and need my daily caffeine fix.  Eating banana and durian is a perfect calorie balancing act which one never tells one’s physician!

I am now experiencing the after effect. I am sweating profusely now and wondering what tomorrow will be like. I will be very thirsty definitely. I think I have to make myself a jug of barley to minimize the heat. Now, the foolishness of me today, on my own scale. I think I give myself a 6 on Acepaizah scale! 





duri duri duri durians 
~Acepaizah~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment