nuffnang

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pizza San Francisco: Foodie enlightenment


mussels vinaigrette
Its pouring in Kuala Lumpur. The monsoon started early this year and it starts in the west coast of Malaysia peninsular instead of the east coast. I am back to contemporary dining in trendy cafe with casual concept.  And the name of dishes appears sophisticated and hard to pronounce. I ended up in a place called Pizza San Francisco in Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur after much persuasion from my friend HH. HH ordered Mussels Vinaigrette, poached New Zealand mussels served in home made apple cider vinaigrette. According to HH, it tasted great and the presentation was superb too. 

chicken lasagne
HH also ordered chicken lasagne. The layering of pasta pieces with minced meat were very meticulous. I had a bite and the cheese simply melts upon contact. However, the tomato paste over laying the lasagne was a tad too little and was a bit watery. I would love to slurped the tomato gravy if only the serving were more generous.

mushroom chicken
I ordered mushroom chicken. A deep fried chicken baked with cheese, served with fried mushroom and french fries. The fried chicken was over fried and way too crispy. Hence, the chicken was too 'dry' and not moist. The fries were thinly cut and loses its potatoey's ummpph. The fried mushroom with cheese was heavenly delicious. And all good things come in relatively small packages!


On our second visit, I ordered fish and chips, and much to my delight, the accompanying sauce was mushroom sauce, served with perfectly cold mix veggies, and heaps of french fries.The fries were of the large  cut and gave the chewing satisfaction. And I am on a strict diet playing catch up for my year end bragging right! The fish  were tender and fresh. 

We also tried Pizza San Francisco special half pizza and half  calzone with turkey salami with minced chicken, cherry tomato, garlic, chili and mozzarella cheese. It was perfect and there were no cutting corner! Note, the green pieces, those were a very very spicy and hot chili! It is just for decorations!! But on second thought, I may just order the calzone instead on my next visit to Pizza San Francisco.

The restaurant is very spacious and we were seated at a comfortable distant from other patron. The decor which were simple and elegant offers a relaxing atmosphere and the price is reasonable. Over all I give a 8 on Acepaizah scale.

monsoon rain is pouringggg
~Acepaizah~







.

No comments:

Post a Comment