nuffnang

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Nasi Lemak Beratur @ Greenwood, Kuala Lumpur


scoop of rice, half hard boiled egg, pegedil &
piece of beef rendang
My never ending Nasi Lemak adventure never take a break in real life. Just the other day, my lecturer Dr. Z commented on our national eating culture and all time favourite, the Nasi Lemak, though its not our syllabus this semester (ha ha). Dr Z told the so called best Nasi lemak in Greenwood where patrons queue for their plate of Nasi Lemak. However, he told us that he do not have the patient to be in the long queue.

Notwithstanding it was all hearsay from Dr Z, SR and myself make our way to the humble stall near the Greenwood (Kuala Lumpur) bus station. Business starts about 6 pm I think, and when we arrived at about 8 pm, people were already snaking their way. It is situated at the end of rows of street stalls, it is relatively clean with table and chairs arranged nicely and comfortably "stall standard" apart.

The accompanying dishes were all in big huge shinning pots and I have to practically peeped the various pots in order to make my choice. And I am a relatively tall person standing at a good 165 cm! I had beef rendang and pegedil (potatoes cutlets) accompanying my Nasi Lemak. The stall server generously scooping ladleful of sambal which I request him to reduce them.


The must have companion of Nasi Lemak for me is naturally the good old Teh Tarik and SR had black tea instead. The Nasi Lemak was so good that I have to have seconds... ops!


only RM13.00!!
my second plate, he he
The Nasi Lemak is cooked traditionally in coconut milk in a rice steamer. However, the usual and traditional accompanying condiments such as fried anchovies and peanuts were missing. There were many choices of add-ons such as deep fried chicken which were being fried nearby, prawn and cockles sambal and many more. The rice grains were fluffy and not clumped together andthe Nasi Lemak were serve on a layer of banana leaf that gave an extra fragrance aroma and ummph to the Nasi lemak dining or rather eating experience. The sambal is spicy of course but not too spicy since they were very generous with onions. Hence, the sweetness of the onion balances the spiciness of the chilli's paste.

Now, the verdict. ITS THE BEST NASI LEMAK I EVER TASTED!!! Its a perfect 10 on Acepaizah's scale. Value for money earns a perfect 10 too. For the above, 2 plates of Nasi Lemak (add-on not included) and 2 glasses of drinks, it only costs us RM13.00. Value for money. Or, may be labour and serving cost not included. 

fluffy fluffy grains of rice
~Acepaizah~


No comments:

Post a Comment