nuffnang

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Late Lunch @ Shani Cafe Shah Alam


mushroom fried rice
Now that the Malaysia 13th General Election is over and the winner do not take it all, I am famish, I mean real famish. I have been very busy checking and counting all flags, banners, buntings and bill boards of various parties properly knotted and standing tall. In the land of food aplenty and where we greet each other with "Hello, dah makan?" (Hello, have [you] eaten?) we can get reasonably good food at all hour of the day but if one is caught near starving on a sunday about 2-4pm in Shah Alam, the capital city of the state of Selangor and one is not in a mood to have fast food or "mamak" food [check out my earlier post], it will be quite an adventure searching for a decent meal. It's sort of a 'siesta' time for restaurant, ha ha.
seafood fried rice + plain chines fried rice
with my famous Teh Tarik on the side!
At last, my BFF's son drove us to Shani Cafe @ Section 7 bordering to 'the' I-City. It is a proper restaurant setting with practically all dishes of the day sold out! However, they provide ala carte made to order dishes. Since we were near famish on the verge of collapsing, we practically ordered the same dishes, fried rice of various variant and side dishes. Our driver of the day, F ordered mushroom fried rice, his little brother had plain Chinese fried with no side dishes, my BFF, had yellow noodle with seafood and I am contented with seafood fried rice. According to F, the mushroom fried rice was delicious. As for my fried rice, it was too spicy notwithstanding I specifically requested non spicy. All the side dishes were too watery and their gravy encroached into the rice and makes it soggy. F's brother, little F enjoyed his fried rice and word has it that Chinese fried food is his favourite.


seafood yellow noodle
The Hailam fried noodle seafood looks enticing with lots of gravy and generous amount of seafood and accompanying veggies. Its the most presentable and BFF, who was not feeling well that Sunday, finished her plate. Overall the dishes were tasty and value for money, or is it because we were starving. In any event, my choice of beverage did not compliment well with my food. The fried rice were a tad too oily and drinking tea with milk/creamer, simply does not gel well. Wrong companion for the day. However, my other companions made a wise decision ordering drinks with citrus' components.
My seafood fried rice earns a respectable 6 on Acepaizah's scale for want/unwanted spiciness and the watery side dishes which makes the rice soggy. The fried rice was plain with nothing more than chili's paste and other fried condiments. I might as well ordered plain rice a side seafood dish! BFF's seafood noodle was delicious and tasty hence I am conferring it a 7 together with F's and little's F fried rice. Oh, one last observations... the food presentation were beautiful which makes one salivating upon its arrival, and definitely garnered 8.7 on Acepaizah's scale. Besides, we can also enjoy their crispy and crunchy state of being!



simple signage

~fry fry fry day~
Acepaizah



No comments:

Post a Comment