nuffnang

Monday, September 23, 2013

Lunch @ Big Pot In Teluk Intan, Perak


HS' Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah
It’s a challenge to find a decent makan place (restaurant) on a Sunday afternoon in Teluk Intan, Perak! ZM, my BFF relative suggested a newly open makan place, at Giant shopping mall. So, with our growling stomach and the Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan’s clock struck 2.30pm we headed to Giant. The place is simply called Big Pot, owned by Dewi  and Big Pot starts in May 2013.

Big Pot is a self service with their simple menu placed prominently on the wall with just 4 type of pricing; RM5.90 & RM4.90 for food and RM3.00 & RM2.50 for beverages. No fuss. Lunch specialty for the day is Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah and Sup Ekor (I think). I guess, you folks could easily guess what I ordered. My BFF, HS ordered Nasi Lemak and Char Kuay Teow for ZM.

Acepaizah's NL, with extra peanuts n anchovies
less sambal
The Nasi Lemak is reasonably moist and not too creamy with the mandatory aromatic smell of a tinge of gingerly and aromatic pandan. Its accompanying sambal is not too spicy and served with lots of peanuts and anchovies. The Ayam Berempah (herbed chicken) is not spicy at all and I think there are some mixture of tandoori paste and honey too. I should ask Dewi when I ‘interviewed’ her.

ZM’s Char Kuay Teow is quite spicy to my taste bud but according to ZM, it’s reaching heaven with 3 large prawns. ZM finish them in a record time, so it must be deliciously tasty. 

ZM's Char Kuay Teow
heavenly sent, perhaps
The Nasi Lemak portion is quite small, I ordered Prawn Fried Mee less spicy. It came with 3 large prawns. For record, Teluk Intan is known as Bandar Udang Galah (Giant/Big Prawn Town!). The fried noodle is relatively moist and juicy and to my liking 100%. Oh, of course, I did not eat all by myself but shared with HS.

juicy moist Prawn fried mee
check out the BIG Majors @ Prawn
The Nasi Lemak is so-so, I’ve taste better,  but the Ayam Berempah is something else. For once, I enjoy eating them without having to counter their spiciness with my drink, hence Nasi Lemak Ayam Berempah garnered an 8 on Acepaizah’s scale. Prawn Fried Noodle definitely beats Nasi Lemak. I endowed it a classic 9. Since ZM, a Char Kuay Teow  eater loves it so much, considering her compliments, I award a 7. I washed it all with a RM3.00 Nescafe Tarik while HS and ZM a RM2.50 Iced Honey Lime beverage. 

Iced Honey Lime, Nescafe Tarik
with ice cream on the side
The ambiance is nice and clean, the food was delicious, prepared personally by Dewi, and it is really value for money at RM5.90 and RM4.90 for Nasi Lemak Berempah and Noodle dishes respectively.

Mr Prawn welcoming tourist
Dewi said, painting done by her daughter Aisyah
with all family member names encrypted thereon.
prawny prawny bite
~Acepaizah~





No comments:

Post a Comment