nuffnang

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Appreciating Life @ De Palma Hotel, Ampang


Rumbia Fried Rice
sambal on the side-stay on the side!
My life is full of celebrations. Correction, I appreciate what the universe bestow upon me and my everlasting gratitude towards the Almighty that I always find reason to celebrate life. One this special occasion is celebrating my belated birthday with HH at Rumbia Coffee House, De Palma Hotel, Ampang.

On this special occasion, I ordered the house specialty, the Rumbia Fried Nasi Goreng (Fried Rice). The fried rice was wrapped in a layer of fried egg, 2 pieces of chicken wings, some crackers, anchovies and garnished with few pieces of salad and long beans. The fried rice was mildly spicy with tons of seafood.
Seafood Tom Yam
wt swimming prawnssss
HH ordered seafood Tom Yam which was loaded with giant prawns! They were simply swimming in the bowl of Tom Yam and playfully teasing us! However, the Tom Yam was way too spicy for me but I managed to fish a piece to satiate my prawny cravings. To top it all, we also ordered cheesy spaghetti and innocent looking omelet.
cheesy prawn spaghetti
The Fried Rice was a plateful carbo laden dish with lots of protein. I enjoyed every morsel of them while HH helped me with all the raw green garnishing. The cheesy spaghetti was full of tomato richness and some garlic-ness aroma. The innocent looking omelet was not that innocent at all. It was laden with rich creamy fillings accompanied by highly caloric fries with some coleslaw on the side.

Overall, I give a respectful 8 on Acepaizah’s scale for food presentation and service. Ambiance was a bit too dark with warm lighting.

P/S :oops, being reminded by HH, in verbatim :" tear a piece of hot soft bun and dunk it into the tom yam soup....... to die for. ......."

Yes, we did asked for some buns, which were soft and warm. So we tore them and dunk in the Tom Yam... creative eating, don't you think so?

sinful delight
ricy teasing prawn
~Acepaizah~

No comments:

Post a Comment