nuffnang

Monday, December 2, 2013

Cruising on Libra Star Cruises with Pak Nil to Phuket & Krabi

Lunch wt Captain Aznil @ Spices
Libra Star Cruise
I had been harping to KN that I wanted to go on a cruise on a big ship. It is beginning to sound like an old record playing over and over again. By chance, Pak Nil is planning for a cruise with his fans. We jumped to the idea, and the rest as the saying goes, is history. Travelling from Kuala Lumpur in a tourist bus before the break of dawn to reach Penang Port before 12 in the afternoon was a very tiring and body aching adventure to say the least.
Upon embarking the Big Cruise Vessel we were ushered to our tiny cabin on one of the deck which later we had an exhausting maze time! Dinner was served at 6 in the evening. It was a barbeque dinner and the lines were so long. However, due to the efficiency of the crew, we breezes through them with our plate full to the brim. (N.B. we missed our proper lunch!)
Crustacean battalion
ready to serve
My favorite crustacean delicacies were waiting for me in a big round steel pot. And they were not simply soldiers or majors of the crustacean battalion, they were brigadier generals! My oh my. All my tiredness and aching symptoms simply vanished at the sight of the well grilled prawny crustaceans.

grilled whole lamb
My companion, KN on the other hand was eyeing and feasting her attention to the grilled whole lamb. Without much thought and hesitation we heaped our large dinner plates to our delights, throwing lifetime  acquired table/buffet manners to the wind @ open sea!
grilled juicy corn on cob
It was one dinner to be remembered and cherished to the end of time. The prawns were simply delicious, fresh, with succulent and sweet flesh which does not need any additional dipping or sauce to unearth its sea-worthy taste.  It was a prawny affair for me, praying hard my allergy does not come in between me and the crustacean units in my plate.
my humble plate
1st serving...
As the result of our sinful dinner greatest adventure, we had light breakfast the morning after and a quick session of morning dance (en route Phuket)  with the star cruise crew on deck 9, which yours truly escaped in the nick of time.

day after breakfast wt my dose of caffein fix
The Acepaizah’s scale on this cruise is temporarily switched off but somehow it managed to make a reading scale of 10 for my crustacean buddies!

cruising crustaceans
~Acepaizah~

morning dance (KN in the red/black)


No comments:

Post a Comment