nuffnang

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Tasoh Lake Resort & Retreat, Perlis- A Wedding's Adventure

wedding dais
It was a travelling adventure that I am unlikely to forget till the end of time. So much memories were made along the journey that solidified our decades of friendship between my BFF, HH, NAR, [the groom's mom] and yours truly. Well the journey itself is entitled to its own post on another posting. We received invites for a wedding reception from my ITM's BFF (then, now University Technology MARA, Uitm). So, off we went to Tasoh Lake Resort & Retreat which  is situated next to the Timah Tasoh dam about 15 KM from the border town of Padang Besar, Perlis. The wedding was held on 21st December 2013. This would be my third time to Perlis,[first-NAR's wedding, 2nd - sending my nephew to UiTM, Arau branch], smallest state in Malaysia situated northern of the Peninsular sharing its border with Thailand up north and the Andaman sea on the eastern coast.
cake cutting ceremony

Upon entering the Reception Hall at the Tasoh Lake Resort & Retreat, we were greeted by our host and promptly ushered us to the buffet spread which to our pleasant surprise consists of authentic traditional Malay northern cuisine beyond the usual "standard" wedding menus that were very synonyms to Klang Valley's wedding reception.
buffet counter
bamboo shoots curry-1st tray
The menu consists of curried sweet young bamboo shoots cooked with diced beef. The bamboo shoots were crunchy and soft at the same time and you can play with your food by eating layer by layer. I had seconds for them! There were also talang fish (a big kind of fish akin to tuna) cooked with chili paste. And in my wildest dreams, they also served grilled chicken. Imagine, grilled chicken served at a wedding reception, a pleasant mind boggling encounter indeed to me and I cannot stop myself from going for seconds. I was also told that it is not unusual in Perlis or northern state like its neighbouring state of Kedah, for the host to serve salted fish too with all its accompanying salad, shoots and leaves together with varieties of sauces and dips. I was pleasantly shocked when I took a large bite of the salted fish which in my wildest dream thought was simply a fried fish!

salted fish and salad +shoots+leaves
sauces n dippings
seconds
Overall, the food were simply delicious luscious sweet melt that teases our every senses. It was a pleasant and out of the world wedding reception experience for us. Thank you Nor Adibah Abdul Rahim and husband Ku Hamid Ku Daee for inviting us. Oh my foodie scale, of course it is a perfect 10!



northern waves
~Acepaizah~


desserts
watermelon slices-kuih karas-cup cake



No comments:

Post a Comment