nuffnang

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Action speaks louder than word

Day 2 -22/11/10-Monday

I started the day full of excitement and plan my walk in the evening. Alas, about 4.30pm I received a call for meeting; clients are my priority and my walk… Well it has to take a back seat again. OMG, I just started yesterday.
However since I’ve made a promise with myself, I simply must find a way to fulfill it. And the universe thinks so; having to park my car some distance away I had to walk and climbed 42 stairs. Thereafter, I adjourned to a nearby hotel for a quick chat with a friend over a bottle of mineral water and 3 pieces of marble sized prawn fritters The evening walk about is about 20 minutes. In all, I still managed to have my minimum 30 minutes walk.

My observation: Though I break my walk, according to my standard, it is acceptable. I feel good, more so of not breaking the promise I made to myself. Teh tarik can wait another day.

Day 3 -23/11/10 –Tuesday

This morning, it’s all cold and bed inviting. I dragged myself out of bed dad my dose of caffeine and I am ready to right the world. Mid afternoon, the sky could not contain its content any longer, and it pours, really pours for hours. My mischievous mind already started to guess how slippery the park would be!
As usual, work took precedent, and ran off for a meeting just after 5 pm, notwithstanding that my walking routine shall commenced in half hour’s time. It was still drizzling heavily, and I managed to park my car right in front of my client’s office. No bonus walks here!

My observation: I could easily break, snap and ditch a promised I made to myself. What sort of person am I? I think my career is getting very selfish. However, I am still good on the ‘Teh Tarik’ deal. Guess I am ok. ‘Teh Tarik' can wait another day.

Day 4
What can I say... I am good today. Really good. I park walked this evening. According to my barometer... I achieved my standard, solid 40 minutes stroll non stop... I love me... 'Teh Tarik' still can wait another day!!!

~regards~
*AcePaizah*
24/11/10 @ 11.10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment