nuffnang

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir-Moving to the next level

Yes!!! I proclaimed that I've moved to the next level. Exactly a week from my accidental start with the Walking World Day (WWD), I've progressed by leaps and bounds, according to my standard.
Interestingly I've found a new park to walk (the park is there all the time!!!). It is situated exactly near the Kuala Lumpur/Selangor border, the Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir (Ampang Hilir Lake Park) about 9km from the tallest building in Malaysia, KLCC. It is next to the Middle Ring Road near Ampang Point (another shopping centre). The lake is not a full circle since there are few houses fronting it. Hence, the need to make approximately double take. According to my footing scale, it is about 4000 steps all approximately 2 rounds and it took me about 46 minutes to complete them with a 5 minutes break.
It has been rainning for a days on end. I went walking on sunday morning (28th nov) and was greeted by men catching fish with their bare hands. After some probbing, I was inform that the fish, the talapia, will be intoxicated by the rain water and many will die, hence the hand fishing activities that sunday morning. Due to my lack of expertise in cleaning the fish, only my walking girlfriend took, one lonely fat fish.
After the initial distraction, we proceed with our walk. The best part, I walked again in the evening. And the fishes which survived the morning intoxication were no where in sight on the lake surface but swimming happily (I think).

~regards~
~AcePaizah~

No comments:

Post a Comment