nuffnang

Monday, November 22, 2010

World Walking Day-21st Nov 2010

21st November 2010 is the World Walking Day. Without realizing, I put on my sport shoe and walked myself to the park, the Titiwangsa Park which is situated along the inner part of Jalan Tun Razak, at the back of Istana Budaya boasted as one of the state of the art Performing Art Theatre in the country. It is relatively very flat park with the lake circumference of about 2.2km, I think.
So, I put my best foot forwaard and start walking. Actually I was strolling and half way dragging myself. Armed with the Sunday paper, I took 2 breaks of 5 minutes each reading the cartoon and gossip column. Though I reckon I was walking for about 45 minutes, the actual walking time is only 30 minutes in which I covered 2800 steps that will be 1.5 seconds for every step I took. Since I do not keep any prior record, this should be my guide line or some sort of operating standard. I reminded myself that I have not been walking or park strolling for some time, so this should be a reasonable bench mark for me.
My observation after the walk is that my shirt's collar was reasonably damp, my thigh was tight and I feel a sense of satisfaction. I wanted to have my usual dose of "Teh Tarik" but do not want to sabotage my first baby effort. The Teh Tarik can wait another day.
~AcePaizah~
22/11/2010 @ 11.56pm

No comments:

Post a Comment