nuffnang

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Feasting @ JomBali, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur

JomBali's Tiger Prawn Nasi Lemak
More makan stories. From my observation, I observed that Malaysian love their food more than their money. And I am no exception. Sometimes I tried to defuse my mind and thoughts of foods but to no avail. Hence, I have a collection of digitalized pictures of various dishes to satiate my eyes when the real thing is out of sight. The other day I went to this restaurant called JomBali at Carrefour, Wangsa Maju, Kuala Lumpur for dinner.  This is one of my many usual makan places since it is just a stone away from my residence. The restaurant itself is of medium size but a little cramp where chairs may collide with each other if the other person is not courteous enough while seating on or getting up from it. However, the foods that were served made up for the little inconvenience that one have to endure during peak hours.

As a starter I ordered some rojak buah, a kind of fruit salad made from mixed fruits with thick sweet, sour & spicy gravy top with grounded peanuts. It was a bit spicy, an assertive spicy that kick start my taste buds but I managed to finish it all by myself.

Next I had my usual Nasi Lemak with tiger prawn sambal which was relatively mild to my taste. There were two pieces of tiger prawn which is relatively big in size and I believe it was added into the sambal upon my order. I realize that it still very juicy and I think the tiger prawns were stir fry in their shells for a more flavorful taste. The Nasi Lemak which was artfully arranged is accompanied by slices of cool cucumber, generous heaps of peanuts and a piece of 2 halves hard bolied egg. It was true to the status of the iconic Malaysian dish, ha ha! Picture perfect, tasteful, colorful and flavorful to my liking.

I ended my calorie hoarding activities with sago Melaka, a perfect partner to soften the assertive spiciness of the rojak buah and Nasi Lemak but a dessert that will raise a very big red flag to a diabetic person and make a doctor’s night mare. The sago Melaka was so sweet that I had to add a few table spoon of plain water! I think I have to go on a frantic dieting.

True to its tagline, “Truly Malaysian Favourites”, JomBali is one of many restaurants that served a decent, value for money and nearly just like mother’s cooking in the city of Kuala Lumpur. I will give a 7 on Acepaizah scale for all the food that I had, 8 for value for money and 6 for the ambience and probably 8 for
food presentation. This is not the place for intimate socializing. This is the place where families come in troves and friends chatter at the top of their voice and babies crying out loud for attention.

{sago melaka & rojak buah}

[rojak buah & Teh Tarik]


regarding sugar attacks
~Acepaizah~

No comments:

Post a Comment