nuffnang

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Temperature Rising Researching the Research Centre


[IQRA'-READ]
I should be studying. I should be revising. I should be memorizing cases and sections of some Act of Parliament. I should be dissecting and scrutinizing the four scholars of Islamic jurist opinions. But I am sitting in front of my lap top churning ideas into words, words into sentences and sentences into paragraphs with a hope that it will eases my stress and tension. I think the panic button had fully become operative and there is no way to turn it off. It is ringing, blaring and buzzing into my heart, body, soul and mind. At last folks, I am writing this very piece of my observation of myself as per my tagline.

The panic button actually did not suddenly go off blaring reaching 7 or 8 on the Richter scale. It is more like the volcanic activity, slowing spewing smoke out. It started few weeks ago when I realized I needed a certain book published by the IIUM’s Research Centre. I drove to the varsity and making a mental note of the centre. Since it was a week day, I cannot park at the Law Centre where I could easily walk to the Research Centre. There is ample parking at the Research Centre, but then, IIUM is a one way street. And the Centre though situated near the entrance, one has to drive a full circle, and I missed the entrance. Hence, I have to make another circle around the varsity!

Circling the varsity campus twice gave me a different perspective of things. First, do not take for granted that you know the place, given the fact I frequent it every Saturday for the last 7 months! Secondly, driving and walking is two different activity altogether. Third, do not do things last minute, i.e. do not procrastinate. The walk to the Research Centre was pleasant with nicely crop greenery and well trimmed pathway. A beautiful garden. Well, IIUM tagline is Garden of knowledge and virtue anyway. With minimal signage I ended up in the office level instead and was politely directed to the ground floor where they sell their publications.

Sitting for an examination after years of obtaining my first degree was an over whelming experience. The answering technique is another 300 word story by itself.  Though the tension and stress is the same, being matured students have its advantages. Upon observing fellow course mate leaving the examination room a good hour ahead of time, I calmly told myself that they must be writing at neck breaking speed while I have to practically write each alphabet like preschoolers!  Two papers down another 2 to go. To our disappointment, no one died today, no one commit murder either intentionally or accidental except for one euthanasia.  The day before, people died by the dozen and we had our hands full handling all their estate and distributing them to their rightful heirs! Exam temperature is rising on Acepaizah...
[motivating frame greeted me @ the Research Centre]

exam fever butterfly kisses
~Acepaizah~






No comments:

Post a Comment