nuffnang

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Lunch @ Charlie Brown Cafe II

Another lunch time get away at Charlie Brown Cafe. Today I was joined by SMY and ZMN. Due to some miss communication,  ZMN was told that the dining place is called "Peanuts" instead. Anyway, she made it to Charlie Brown since the direction was right.
This time around, snoopy chocolate is not available, so I had black tea instead. No fuss here, since one have to add sugar and cream at one's discretion and taste. We ordered prawn quiche, cheese & ham toast and pizza.

The service this time around is much to be desired. The waitress hardly smile and in fact she is putting on a really "unfriendly face". Not a small curve line appears on her lips! No apologies extended to us upon realizing that she forget to gave us what I call when I am about to lose my head "the eating utensils!", i.e. fork & knife (or spoon as the case may be). We even have to ask for the serviette paper. So much for a cartoon's inspired place.

Now the quiche. The quiche is a tad too dry with over cooked harden pastry. And I made myself believe that there were some prawns in it. The cheese & ham toast is tasty with its rich cheesy melt. No complain here. I give a 6 or 7. And the pizza, well the supermarket frozen pizza tastes better. 

I am very disappointed with the service and food this time around. It is suppose to be a lively friendly cafe. Now, on my scale, I will give a "3" for service, over all for the 3 dishes a "5" and a "3" for value for money. Well, may be I will not come again, but then, who knows? The ambiance is still ok.

~acepaizah~
{@ cbc-29/5/12}

No comments:

Post a Comment