nuffnang

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Of Spain & Portugal EURO 2012 & Flying Frog

{cool it MF}




Today, I am writing my observations through hearsay. I am aware of the law on hearsay, being in the legal fraternity for more than two decades. This observation touches deep in my heart. As we all are aware, Spain won to Portugal in the semi final through penalty shoot out- 4-2, though Portugal played well, as ZMN commented.This is the story of my nephew MF who is a football enthusiastic and fanatic.

Notwithstanding it was a school night, he stayed up to watch Spain playing against Portugal in the EURO 2012 at the Arena Donbass Stadium, Donetsk, Ukraine. His little brother, MS had long been in his dreamland. Big sister NN playing the role of babysitter, driver and cook had turn in early since she wakes up at 6am every morning. Another sister, FA is away in college in Arau, Perlis, a state situated in the northern of Malaysia bordering Thailand. Oh, the parents? Well they are gallivanting in Austria and the Czech Republic! Ops, in reality, one of them, Dr. S is presenting an academic paper in the Czech Republic. Hence, NN check in, in the nick of time before their parents’ departure overseas.

Back to my observations, I called MF in the evening after the game. He told me, “I have a story to tell you.”  I said: “Oh, what’s up?”
MF: "I was watching the game, you know, Spain against Portugal last night and everyone is asleep. Then suddenly I saw this flying frog, you know, the one with a long slim legs, brownish in color. I was stunned. I cannot move and froze in front of the television. This is not an ordinary frog.”
Me: “Didn’t you guys close all doors and windows properly?”
MF: “We did. Actually, we already noticed this frog the day mum and dad flew off. We came home from the airport and we noticed two frogs and we chased it into the third bathroom and locked the door. We avoid using the bathroom at all time.”
Me: “Emmm…” I am trying not to break into string of laughter though MF is already laughing on the other end of the line.
MF: “Since I can’t move, I called out to NN but she cannot hear me, so I called her mobile phone.” I just could not control myself and broke into a long hilarious laughter.
Me: “You phoned her? ha … ha… ha…, there goes your game.”
MF: “Yes, I called her on her mobile. No, I still watched the game while nudging and shooing the frog with a broom at the same time. It is like I am standing and nudging the frog like a hockey’s ball!”
Me: “So you are dancing!”
MF: “Actually, yes I sort of dancing…, then NN called her friend N, you know, our next door neighbor, but she is not home, she is still in college. Somehow the frog escape and out of my sight. Later about 7am, my neighbor came and catch the second frog, it is so easy, no fuss.”
Me: “err how does your neighbor know about your predicament?”
MF: “Oh, I think N called her parent, that’s how they knew. But I think this tale hasn’t reached Czech yet. Let’s keep it between us, ok…”
Me: “ha… ha… dream on my dear nephew…”

Thereafter, MF fusses over why on earth these things happen when his parents is not around. I told him that the universe is testing him as he is now the man of the house. He burst into another episode of laughter. Oh yes, he may be hundreds of kilometers away in Terengganu, a state in the Eastern Coast of Malaysia, but boy, he could laugh out loud into your eardrums! By nature he is simply a happy go lucky person, name wise he is a happy individual and his favorite word, "Actually."


Dancing Black Belt
~acepaizah~


2 comments:

  1. naseb baik makcik KL ni tak pegi Terengganu halau katak tu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately makcik tu pun takut kat f.r.o.g. juga...

      Delete