nuffnang

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Resolutions-revisited!




Greetings!

It is the time of the year. 2012 is fast coming to an end. So how is your 2012 New Year’s resolution thus far? Last year I resolved not to make any resolution. It was great. By year end there is nothing to ponder as to whether I achieve or fail miserably. Somehow I feel there is nothing I could be proud or otherwise about. So now I made a fresh list. It is fresh since there is none in Jan 2012. All the brought forward resolutions were left behind on 31st December 2011. So here it goes.

One- I resolve to lose some weight this year. Maybe 18kg which translate to a mere 1.5kg per month or 0.375kg per week. Alternatively, it is 39.6828lb per year or 3.3069lb per month or 0.826lbs per week. How do I come to this figure, well the bank charges 18% finance charges per year for their credit card usage? I just pick it as it is doable and achievable. Napoleon Hill says “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” This is my most weighty resolution that I have had carry forward year after year.

Two- I resolve to learn something new. I’ve started to put aside books and stuffs to be sold as pre-loved. It is completed and going-on but still in its infancy. I resolve to improve it from time to time and to add another one or two more.

Three- I resolve to hone my cooking skills and complete my recipes collection. Ha ha… Not going anywhere thus far. Thereafter I may share them with you, especially if you fancy easy cooking for stress free kitchen time.

Four- I resolve to travel to an exotic destination this year (done) on a budget trip but not on budget though I flew budget airline. I will travel light, learn their cultures, savor their food, be overwhelmed by its captivating sceneries and still have spare change to buy one or two souvenirs.(may be next year)

Five- I resolve that all my resolutions will be fulfilled by 31st December 2012 so that I could make another list come the following year.

I think five is suffice, since it is a new slate of mid year resolutions. So, anyone is interested to join in my 5 resolutions’ list. I think it is doable. Let’s do it and earned our bragging rights on 31st December 2012.

Good bye old & stale resolutions
Welcome new refresh resolutions
Happy half 2012!!!

 fresh stroll steps waves...
~acepaizah~


No comments:

Post a Comment