nuffnang

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Foodie Adventure @ The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur


hah! my caffein fix - Nescafe
The Majestic Hotel with its original wing Hotel Majestic which is the national heritage site is a colonial building built in the 1930s, an icon of Kuala Lumpur heritage. Located opposite the Moorish railway station building and in the 'tourist' enclave of Kuala Lumpur. In the early late 70s and early 80s, I ply the road in front of the Majestic Hotel everyday going to my non existence school (where now the Pavilion stood proudly). So, when a friend suggested we 'do' our (theirs) belated birthday celebration, here, we agreed unanimously. Upon approaching to the Contago contemporary restaurant, we were being ushered in by Ms Apple (really) who was very friendly and warm and walked us through all the food counters explaining in detail nearly every dishes!
and petai on the side!
However, they do not serve Nescafe but many other gourmet grinded coffee beans which simply not me. I told Ms Apple that I needed my caffein fix from the ordinary Nescafe. To me surprise, she later brought me a pot of well scented Nescafe much to my delight! There were so much to eat. Again, to my delight, there were freshly peeled, perfectly toned and shaped petai. (stink bean or parka speciosa) my kind of King of Ulam (traditional/local salad). And without any hesitation I scooped a handful into my plate and savour them with some rice and other accompanying dishes.
cocktail of forbidden seafood
Since, I am on a not so strict 'no seafood diet', I give these little devil a pass and gave full attention to the western counter. All of the buffet counters were sparkling and gleaming with copper and metal gourmet cookwares. I sliced some cheese of various varieties and shower them almonds, pecans and walnuts. Then I forced my companions to have a bite much to their dismay. But then, cheese to me is like chocolates and cakes to others. Enjoyed every piece of them and went for second helping and dipping.

sinful delight
It was a great makan-makan (eating spree) outing. Great and nice ambiance, mouth watering, enthralling exotic food intimacy, value for money, friendly and warm people. A full 10 on Acepaizah's scale!

savoir-faire-cheesy creamy smiles
Acepaizah

glistening food counter

No comments:

Post a Comment