nuffnang

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pre 2nd July Dinner @ Restoran Pegaga, Ukay Boulevard Ampang


stuffed bean curd
Pre 2nd July dinner was at Pegaga Restaurant, Ukay Boulevard along the Middle Ring Road near the National Zoo. We reached about 9.10 pm and the place was not even half full. We made our orders and wait and wait and wait. My BFF, HS ordered basil syrup and as usual I ordered Teh Tarik. Though the drinks were ready, it was on the counter top for a good 5 minutes before they were brought to us. I start to time their every move! We ordered stuffed bean curd as an appetizer which was tasty though a bit salty. The stuffed bean curd was beautifully garnish with slices of carrot and salad romaine lettuce topped with thick soy sauce and grounded peanuts.
singapore fried meehoon
I was inclined to taste their recommended fried rice but chose Singapore fried noodle instead sans chili. The noodle were moist not too dry not too oily, just nice but a tad too salty. It was loaded with seafood such as pieces of sliced prawns and squid and also rounded prawns and large pieces of fresh squids with few pieces of diced chicken. Of course with slices of carrot and crunchy bean sprout to balance the dish. Definitely an 8 on Acepaizah's scale. HS, ordered Mee Bandung Udang. (Yellow noodles in thick gravy with prawns.) The lone giant prawn is really reast to my eyes! The Mee Bandung is again loaded with 3 large prawns and the mandatory egg atop the dish with neatly sliced fried bean curd adorned on one corner of the large serving bowl in thick self claimed authentic Malay cuisine! Deeply hidden under the seafood were two stalks of crunchy pak choy and bean sprouts.
mee bandung udang
The ambiance was great, cooling and tastefully decorated but the service is another story. Though the restaurant manager seems to go up and down 'serving' the patrons, the waiter and waitress seems oblivious to us, choosing to avoid eye contact and on few occasions I personally have to knocked on the manager through the glass wall for attention! But then, it was my pre 2nd of July dinner do, so I tried not to whine too much. Over all, I give a whopping 8 for their delicious salivating dishes, 7 for ambiance and value for money. For service, well, I really have to reserve my Acepaizah pointer here!
the giant prawn on my dining plate!

salty salty nite
Acepaizah



No comments:

Post a Comment