nuffnang

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lunch at 4pm @ Kelfood Restaurant



{Ayam Percik & its accompanying condiments}

I am hitting a brick wall. No, I am not talking about writer’s block.  Figuratively I am enjoying a long plateau of my weight crisis and the graph does not look presentable and we are in mid July of the Gregorian calendar! After careful and quick observation through my analytical mind, the main contributing factor emerges. It is the easily accessible delicious mouth watering food in the land of 24/7 fast food, hawkers and family friendly restaurants.

Last week was such a stressful time for me with work piling and my monthly test approaching at neck breaking speed. So after the panic button were turned off on Saturday a few of us decided to celebrate with a bang. So our entourage of 5 cars and a motorbike made our way to Kelfood Restaurant along the Middle Ring Road at Taman Melati, Kuala Lumpur, approximately 6 kilometers from the Islamic International University Malaysia.

Kelfood is a short form for Kelantan Food. Kelantan is a state in the east coast of the Malaysian peninsula bordering Thailand famed for its sweetness in most of its dishes. It was about 4pm when we reached Kelfood Restaurant. It is tea time but we have not had our lunch. After a brief browsing we pile up our respective plates. J had a plate of Nasi Dagang (Rice and raw mixed vegetables) and grilled chicken and salted egg. This is a local cuisine originated from the states of Terengganu and Kelantan (both in the east coast of Malaysia). I had rice with grilled chicken and a long slice of cucumber, squared bean and egg in thick coconut gravy. W and M had mixed rice too while Wg had chicken rice and French fries. I ordered an extra bowl of chicken soup which I ended gently forcing S to slurp it.

The foods were simply delicious. The chicken pieces were well marinated and grilled to perfection. The chicken meat was tender and juicy. The accompanying sauce is reasonably sweet and spicy with just the right amount of chilies and I think there is a lingering sour’s after taste. This grilled chicken is called Ayam Percik (Ayam means chicken). In all honesty, it is in its authentic taste, texture and flavours! This grilled chicken will be sold at every Ramadhan bazaar in the city of Kuala Lumpur during this forth coming fasting month, i.e. the Ramadhan month. However, due to human greed, some of innocent buyer will be short changed by unscrupulous vendors.

Now what’s my Ayam Percik verdict? I give a 7 on Acepaizah scale. Will I satisfy my hunger pang at Kelfood in future? Definitely! It is a clean and comfortable place. The waiters and waitresses are polite and friendly with ready genuine smile on their face. It is a value for money place.

ayam percik kisses
~acepaizah~
14/7/12

No comments:

Post a Comment