nuffnang

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Upin & Ipin @ University

{Translated from post on 24/6/2012}


Saturday morning begins with a meeting with a friend, SD at 7 am. I wanted to consult her relating to Dr. A’s assignment. We met at Mc Donald Restaurant adjacent to the Shell petrol station along the Middle Ring Road near Ulu Klang. (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). It's a pity that there are no Nescafe drinks on the menu; hence I was forced to order black tea instead. Did not get my caffeine fix this morning! We consulted briefly because I had to rush to the University. Regardless, the meeting is very beneficial.  

I arrived at the parking lot and got a space that was very near to the entrance of the building. Somehow, I feel supremely excited. Oh, in fact, I will indeed be excited when I can park as close as possible to the places that I wanted to go. Upon entering my lecture room I was greeted with darkness and the greetings of my comrades as well as Dr. F’s voice. Due to the heavy rain and lightning the day before, there was short circuit and our lecture room was affected. Our lecture was moved to another room which is rather small, right in front of the parking lot where I parked my car. Ha! Ha! Thank goodness Dr. F’s lecture went smoothly as usual. 

We were back to our usual lecture room for the afternoon session. As usual Dr H arrived 10 minutes to 2 pm, so he has to wait until 2.10pm before all of us arrived. His lecture commenced as usual and Dr. H later commented: "emmm… I’m speaking by myself..." Thereafter some interactive sessions took place and then we discussed about the Baqi cemetery in Medina.(a must visit place in Medina, Saudia Arabia). Suddenly and spontaneously Dr. H probed a pair of sibling "ha ... you, Upin and Ipin* pair, did you have the chance to visit and enter the Baqi Cemetery?" The whole class broke into laughter. Dr H too laugh and later apologizes to the siblings, A and A. However they said they were not offended. We were surprised with Dr. H’s one-liner jibe, because he is a rather serious person. He lectures till 4 pm and we had our break for 10 minutes before our colleague M, W and R presented their respective papers. Having said that however, Dr H do have a distinctive aura and can hold our attention till 5.30pm! And my own assignment is not ready yet. I am the last presenter during the holy month of Ramadhan. (Muslim fasting month, in mid July-mid August 2012).
Since I am very tired, upon reaching home I fall asleep until 3.05am.

Class kisses.
 ~acepaizah~ 
@23/6/2012
 • Upin & Ipin are twin brothers in a Malaysian cartoon’s character.
*translated upon request

No comments:

Post a Comment