nuffnang

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pre-Ramadhan Foodie Misadventure @ Bara Bistro



{yummy}


Malaysian past time activities is eating. We greet each other with the phrase “Hi, dah makan?” (Hi, have you eaten?) Friendly neighborhood restaurant opens 24 hours a day. Serving all kinds of food, from the humble plain toast to chicken chops at 3am! Only a Malaysian can plan for their supper while having dinner. And along the way I heard through the grapevine that even expatriate are acclimising to this way of life. Welcome to Malaysia, the land of vast variety of delicacies and cuisine from all over the world.

As the fasting month approaches, many pre-Ramadan lunch, tea, dinner and supper were arranged in the anticipation of having breakfast at dusk instead of just after dawn. I am not an exception either.  Among them I went to Bara Bistro @ Axis Atrium in Ampang, Selangor, bordering the Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, and just a stone away from the City of Kuala Lumpur. I ordered my standard menu, Nasi Lemak with spicy fried chicken and cucur bilis (fried anchovies in dough). My companion Id ordered special burger and white Nescafe.

My Nasi Lemak was below par and the chicken was over spiced and fried to burn! So, it loses its juiciness. The sambal (chilies paste) was way too spicy even to my third companion HH who came later who simply loves chilies. However, the cucur bilis were as expected fried to near perfection but too oily. The accompanying sauce tastes more like chilies' in vinegar! The Nescafe was just right, well mixed and shake with its frothy form which was creamy. 

The special burger was moist with sliced cheese and fried egg top with generous mayonnaise and layered with crispy salad and sliced tomato.  Id cut it into halves and HH help herself to it. Id is a small eater. I had a bite and my teeth sink into its layers of goodness. Maybe I will order this special burger instead in future.

As I patron this place quite often, I definitely will come again for my caffeine fix! Notwithstanding, the ambiance is very appealing and inviting. It is a comfortable place to relax after work with a glass of Nescafe and some finger food and just gossip your time away. The ambiance is definitely an 8 or 9 on Acepaizah scale. On some day the food is palatable and value for money, but not on this visit. My Nasi Lemak is definitely a 5 on Acepaizah scale!

{burger, nescafe, cucur bilis,
nasi lemak}



caffein kisses
~Acepaizah~
 16/7/12

3 comments: